Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea
The Department of Population and Social Geography, University of Bayreuth, Germany (http:// www.bevsozgeo.uni-bayreuth.de/en/index.html) invites applicants for a one-year Postdoc appointment, beginning in June 2011 (negotiable). The successful candidate will undertake original research in South Korea from a qualitative social science perspective in cooperation with a currently ongoing PhD thesis project on climate change adaptation.
This position is part of an interdisciplinary project (TERRECO) that ties together research activities in plant ecology, biodiversity, soil science, hydrology and social science which will be the domain of research. TERRECO (Complex Terrain and Ecological Heterogenity) started in 2009 as a German- Korean research cooperation including Gangwon National University, Seoul National University, Yonsei University and other major research institutes in South Korea. All research activities are conducted in South Korea with a particular interest for Gangwon Province. By filling this vacancy, we aim to intensify the social science component of this interdisciplinary project.
Therefore, the focus of investigation should concentrate on theory driven questions that are on target for political discourses and practices labeled under the frame of climate change from a constructivist research perspective. The aim is to critically examine the relations of power and their implications for the governance of climate change. Explicit topics could be the negotiation processes of environmental law in relation to climate change, the role of ministries for the processes of adaptation and mitigation, or the recently implemented `Green Growth` strategy with a local case study area in Gangwon Province. We expect the empirical examination by qualitative social science methods like participant observation, interpretative text analysis, (expert) interviews and other ethnographic methods.
The department invites Postdoc applicants with a research background in human geography, political science, sociology and/or ethnography and possibly with an interest in critical theory. Moreover, both experience of the above mentioned qualitative methods and a good command of Korean and English are required. The empirical research will be conducted in South Korea, but some time will also have to be spent in Bayreuth, Germany, in order to participate in interdisciplinary meetings and workshops.
The salary depends on age, marital status and number of children and will be approximately between 3000 and 4000 Euro (pre-tax)/ month.
Applicants should send a CV, letter of application, and the final chapter of their PhD thesis until end of February 2011 to both of the following addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Detlef Müller-Mahn)
email@example.com (Susann Trabert)
457 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- [beasiswa] [INFO] Postdoc Position Announcement: Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South KoreaProject descriptionThe Department of Population and Social Geography, University of Bayreuth, Germany […]
- Fellowships for Developing Countries at International Climate Protection Program The International Climate Protection Fellowships enable prospective leaders to conduct a research-related project of their own choice during a one-year stay in Germany. Submit an […]
- Student Exchange Scholarships, Keimyung University, Korea Keimyung University, Korea is offering its short-term study abroad program with the scholarship from Korean Government. The students will participate in the program for 1 year (commencing […]
- Global South Scholar-In-Residence Fellowship, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland This fellowship is open to outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries pursuing advanced research in areas bridging the fields of international […]
- Shorenstein Fellowships in Contemporary Asia at Stanford University The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center in the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies is pleased to announce its 2012–2013 Walter H. Shorenstein Fellowships. […]
- Shorenstein Fellowships in Contemporary Asia, Stanford University, USA The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center in the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies is pleased to announce its 2012–2013 Walter H. Shorenstein Fellowships. […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biogenic Selenium Volatilization Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is a Swiss-based and internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH domain (Swiss Federal […]
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean The Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) fellowship program supports research on drug policy, citizen security and democratic governance, as well as associated topics across the social […]
- The Center for Tropical Forest Science (CTFS) Grants, Harvard University, USA The Center for Tropical Forest Science (CTFS) is a global network of forest research plots committed to the study of tropical and temperate forest function and diversity. The […]
- 11 PhD Scholarships in Political Ecology European Network for Political Ecology (ENTITLE) offers 11 generously funded three year PhD scholarship is available to candidates from anywhere in the world. ENTITLE is an EU-funded […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea semoga informasi tentang Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea ini bermanfaat.