Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units
Optimization of numerical simulation software for Graphical Processing Units
A position is available to start a PhD on numerical simulations running on Graphical Processing Units (GPUs). In a collaboration between the DyNaMat and EELAB groups at UGent, we are currently developing this high-performance simulation package that allows to simulate, on the one hand, e.g. the energy efficiency of electrical steels as used in electromagnetic devices, and, on the other hand, the read and write processes on e.g. hard disks. Such calculations are numerically very intensive. Recently we started developing a multipurpose micromagnetic code — nicknamed “MuMax” — which can run on both GPU and CPU hardware. Due to the massively parallel architecture of GPUs, the program runs now about 100x faster on this hardware. Nevertheless, there is room for numerous computer-technical optimizations and many new features as e.g. the development of communication schemes for future multi-GPU implementations.
We are currently looking for a new PhD student with a masters degree in either informatics/computer science, engineering, physics or mathematics. The research topic is the optimization of numerical methods for GPU hardware. Although applied to micromagnetic simulations, no specific knowledge of physics or magnetism is needed. A general interest for numerical methods is required though.
You will join the work on topics like numerical techniques to solve large systems of coupled differential equations, fast summation techniques, fast Fourier transforms, etc. Both the underlying algorithms as well as their implementation on CPU and GPU hardware are to be optimized. A working knowledge of C/C++ is needed for the low-level GPU implementation. Other parts of the software are now written in C++/Java/Python/Go and scripting languages. They can be extended by modules written in any high-level programming language.
More information is available on Official Website.
If you are interested, please contact:
Bartel.VanWaeyenberge@UGent.be or Luc.Dupre@UGent.be
Application Deadline : 31 December 2011
Visit Official Website.
189 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Phd Scholarship Position at Department of Electrical Energy, Systems and Automation Development of a multipurpose micromagnetic and micromechanical simulation platform A PhD position is available to join the research team that develops the multipurpose magnetic […]
- PhD position in Electric Power Systems at KTH School of Electrical Engineering KTH School of Electrical Engineering seeks a PhD candidate in Electric Power Systems Project title: Design, control and operation planning of Multi-Terminal DC Transmission Systems […]
- University of Cambridge PhD/MPhil in Friction Joining for Low Energy Transport Applications Vacancy Reference No: NA06599Principal Investigator: Dr H R Shercliff Project Details:The transport industry continuously seeks design and manufacturing solutions that enable lower fuel […]
- PhD Studentship in Analysis of Seed Processing by Distinct Element Method at University of Leeds The award of a PhD studentship by Syngenta Ltd has provided an opportunity for an exciting PhD research programme on seed processing at the Institute of Particle Science and Engineering, […]
- Postdoctoral Position, Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Taiwan Two openings at the level of postdoctoral research fellows in computational sciences are available at the Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, […]
- PhD and Postdoc Positions in Multimedia at Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal The Multimedia Signal Processing Group at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, invites applications for PhD and Postdoc positions, with a yearly […]
- PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt UniversityOverview Heriot-Watt University - Computer […]
- [Germany] PhD Position in Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at German Aerospace Center PhD student position (TVöD 13/2) : Aerodynamics and Flow TechnologyThe Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Braunschweig, Germany, offers a […]
- PhD student in Electrical Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology The Electromagnetic Engineering lab at the School of Electrical Engineering, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology - seeks a PhD student in Electrical Engineering.KTH is the largest […]
- PhD Scholarships at School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Halmstad University The School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering (School of IDE) and its research environment, Halmstad Embedded and Intelligent Research (EIS) is experiencing a […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units semoga informasi tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units ini bermanfaat.