Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Molecular Neurobiology of Circadian Timekeeping. Applications invited from EU & UK nationals for a fully funded 3-year PhD studentship under the supervision of Dr Michael Hastings FRS.
The aim of this project is to investigate the role of Cryptochrome proteins in the circadian timing machinery of mammals. Particular emphasis will be placed on their putative role as magnetoreceptors. Techniques to be applied include real-time bioluminescent and fluorescent imaging of circadian gene expression, cell and brain slice organotypic culture, recombinant protein biochemistry, targetted mutagenesis, virally mediated, optogenetic control of cellular activity, and proteomic analysis of circadian transcriptional complexes.
How do Cryptochrome proteins behave within the cell over the 24 hour circadian cycle, what is their role in transcriptional regulation and how are their functions affected by magnetic fields?
The position will suit an industrious, highly motivated molecular neurobiologist/ biochemist with a track record of academic excellence. The successful applicant will work within an internationally renowned research group, headed by Dr Michael Hastings FRS, investigating various aspects of circadian timekeeping. The group is supported by the world-class facilities of MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology. As a PhD student at LMB, the student will also become a member of a Cambridge College and be registered at the University of Cambridge.
Reppert, S.M., and Weaver, D.R. (2002). Coordination of circadian timing in mammals. Nature 418, 935-941 Hastings MH, Reddy AB, Maywood ES. (2003) A clockwork web: Circadian timing in brain and periphery, in health and disease. Nature Reviews Neuroscience 4: 649- 661.
Gegear, R.J., Casselman, A., Waddell, S., and Reppert, S.M. (2008). Cryptochrome mediates light-dependent magnetosensitivity in Drosophila. Nature 454, 1014-1018.
Gegear, R.J., Foley, L.E., Casselman, A., and Reppert, S.M. (2010). Animal cryptochromes mediate magnetoreception by an unconventional photochemical mechanism. Nature 463, 804-807.
Godinho, S.I., Maywood, E.S., Shaw, L., Tucci, V., Barnard, A.R., Busino, L., Pagano, M., Kendall, R., Quwailid, M.M., Romero, M.R., et al. (2007). The after-hours mutant reveals a role for Fbxl3 in determining mammalian circadian period. Science 316, 897-900.
3 years PhD position for UK or EU national
Available for October 2011 Entrance
Fully funded for Fees and Maintenance at standard MRC (Home Student) rates
Application deadline: 31 May 2011
Interviews: To be held during week beginning 13 June 2011. The successful applicant will need to apply to the University of Cambridge no later than 30 June 2011 once the PhD position has been confirmed: instructions will be given at time of PhD offer.
How to apply:
For further details and instructions on how to apply, please see the following webpage:
Visit Official Website.
484 total views, 2 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Haematology, UK University of Cambridge Announce PhD Studentship in the Department of Haematology, UK Functional characterization of novel regulators of haematopoiesis and platelet function in Danio rerio […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cell Physiology at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physioloy Postdoctoral position in Cell Physiology at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, GermanyA postdoctoral position is immediately available in the group of Professor […]
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- 2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK Recently a new mechanism of disease has been identified in the congenital (autosomal recessive) muscular dystrophies that are due to a defect in the glycosylation of alpha […]
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Cell Biology A fully-funded PhD studentship is available at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London in the area of cell biology under the supervision of Dr Guillaume […]
- PhD Studentship in Tendon Repair, National University of Ireland Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for PhD studentships in tendon repair based at the Network of Excellence for Functional biomaterials (Official Website) at the […]
- Postdoctoral Position in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at University of Cambridge The successful candidate will work on a project to characterise the growth and proliferation of tumour competent stem-like cells at the tumour-host interface in patients with […]
- 3 PhD Scholarships in the Neuronal Trafficking Laboratory Brain cells: neurons can reach astonishing shapes and dimensions with dendrites and nerve terminals sometimes located meters away. The establishment and maintenance of such polarity […]
- Postdoctoral Position in 3D Electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins at University of Vermont OverviewA postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Michael Radermacher at the University of Vermont, to study the structure and function of mitochondrial and […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology semoga informasi tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology ini bermanfaat.