Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD Studentship in Inflamation and Lung Fibrosis – University of Hull?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD Studentship in Inflamation and Lung Fibrosis – University of Hull
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
[beasiswa] [info] PhD Studentship in Inflamation and Lung Fibrosis – University of Hull
Inflammation and Lung Fibrosis
University of Hull – Postgraduate Medical Institute
To celebrate the University’s research successes, the University of Hull is offering the following PhD Studentship in Hull’s Postgraduate Medical Institute:
Inflammation and Lung Fibrosis
Contact name: PGMI Administrator, Mrs Jane Kitson, J.Kitson@hull.ac.uk 01482 464213
Primary supervisor: Dr. Simon Hart, Prof. Alyn Morice
Postgraduate Medical Institute / Division of Cardiovascular/ Respiratory Studies
Closing date: Friday 2nd March. Studentships will start in September 2012
With the establishment of the University’s state of the art pre-clinical imaging unit (PET/SPECT/CT & NMR) opportunities exist for studentships to develop and study novel agents with applications in Oncology.
Lung fibrosis is a deadly and distressing condition, which currently has no effective treatment. It covers a number of subgroups of the condition variously known as Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Cryptogenic Fibrosing Alveolitis, and Usual Interstitial Pneumonia as well as fibrosis associated with connective tissue disease, such as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Until recently the role of the vascular endothelium had been largely ignored in this group of diseases. In preliminary work, we have discovered a range of abnormalities of the clotting cascade and our hypothesis is that the interaction between the blood, endothelium and alveolar pneumocytes is crucial in the establishment and propagation of lung fibrosis.
Using unique cellular models, we will demonstrate how the blood/lung interaction causes release of pro-inflammatory mediators, which precipitate the fibrotic cascade leading to lung scarring. With the knowledge of the precipitating factors we will look to develop strategies to interfere with this fibrotic process and attempt to create apoptotic cell death of the fibroblast. A range of established molecular techniques from cell culture, PCR, and FACS analysis will be used to determine the changes in cellular cytokine expression following stimulation by potential precipitants of the fibrotic cascade.
Applications from both home/EU and international students are welcomed.
To apply, visit http://www.hyms.ac.uk/postgraduate/applying-for-postgraduate-study.aspx
Full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarships will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£13,590 in 2012/13) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependant on satisfactory progress.
PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree.
Successful applicants will be informed of the award by 8th May 2012.
336 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 Iron-based nanoparticles with tunable magnetic and surface properties for imaging of heart failure. To celebrate the University`s research successes, the University of Hull is offering […]
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship at Stanford Graduate School of Business The International Education Week is the opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This join initiative of the U.S. Department of State and […]
- Post doctoral fellow in Neuroscience at Institute of Basic Medical Science ONE POSITION AS POST DOCTORAL FELLOW (SKO 1352) in Neuroscience is available for three years in the Synaptic Neurochemistry Laboratory at Department of Anatomy, IMB, University of Oslo […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD position in computational biology, University of Freiburg PhD position in computational biology, University of FreiburgWithin the Freiburg Initiative for Systems Biology (FRISYS, http://frisys.de) a PhD position (TV-L E13 50%) is available. The […]
- PhD Scholarship on Novel Diagnostic Methods and Devices for Personalised Treatment of Cancer at Technical University of Denmark A 3-year PhD scholarship is open within the European FP7 project “Biomedical engineering for cancer and brain diseases diagnostics and therapy development EngCaBra”. DTU Nanotech is […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD vacancies at Wageningen University, the Netherlands There are seven new PhD positions open, which opportunities are only available for nationals of Indonesia, the Philippines, and countries of the Western Pacific.For more information: […]
- [beasiswa] [oot] KONGRES GURU INDONESIA 2010 KONGRES GURU INDONESIA 2010 INDONESIAN TEACHERS' CONGRESS 2010 20 -21 May 2010 – BALAI KARTINI, JAKARTA Mempersiapkan para Pend id ik dalam perubahan Dunia: […]
- International Scholarships 2011 for Postgraduate Studies in Art and Social Science, University of Hull, UK 2011-2012 International Student Scholarships in Art and Social Science at University of Hull, UKStudy Subject: Art and Social ScienceEmployer: University of HullLevel: Postgraduate The […]
- [beasiswa] [info] A doctoral grant in Cancer Epidemiology and Neuroepidemology, Sweden Karolinska Institutethas a vacancy forA doctoral student with doctoral grant in Cancer Epidemiology and Neuroepidemology(2 positions)DepartmentDepartment of Medical Epidemiology and […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] A doctoral student with doctoral grant in epidemiology Karolinska Institutethas a vacancy forA doctoral student with doctoral grant in epidemiologyDepartmentDepartment of Medical Epidemiology and BiostatisticsDescription of research group […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD Studentship in Inflamation and Lung Fibrosis – University of Hull semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD Studentship in Inflamation and Lung Fibrosis – University of Hull ini bermanfaat.