Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentship in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentship in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
[beasiswa] [info] PhD studentship in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics
Project Title: Development of statistical tools for the integration of multiple high-throughput biological data setsThe Queensland Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics (QFAB, University of Queensland, Australia) is offering one PhD studentship to a local or international student for full-time research in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics under the co supervision of Kim-Anh Lê Cao, Dominique Gorse (QFAB) and Antony Parker (QUT).
The PhD candidate will develop novel statistical methodologies and bioinformatics tools to analyse high-throughput biological “omics” data sets. Such approaches are critical to fully unravel the complexities of molecular biology and are in high-demand by researchers.
Data integration is a challenging task due to the high dimensionality of the data as well as their heterogeneous nature. Variable selection, i.e. co-jointly selecting the relevant and informative genes, metabolites, proteins, etc., is therefore essential to obtaining biologically meaningful information from the data. While current efforts have been made towards developing methodologies to integrate two omics data sets and understand the relationship between two types of biological entities at a given time point, no attempt has been made so far to integrate data from more than two omics platforms and take the time dependency into account. Such a challenge forms the basis of the proposed PhD research.
The PhD scholarship is awarded for up to 3 years and consists of an annual stipend of $23,728 tax free. An allowance of up to $3,000 per annum will be available to attend and participate in national and international conferences. Applicants should have a BSc(Hons) or MSc degree with a strong background in statistics and computing. Good written English and communication skills are essential.
For more information about the project, the selection criteria and on how to apply, visit http://www.qfab.org/news-events/news/phd-scholarship-in-applied-statistics-or-bioinformatics
Applications close on 28 May 2012
This message has been forwarded to the mailing list maintained by Bioinformatics Australia a committee established within AusBiotech Ltd to represent the interests of the bioinformatics, computational biology communities within Australia.
The content of the original message has not been modified from that supplied by the third party and does not reflect the opinion of members of Bioinformatics Australia or AusBiotech Ltd.
If you would like to post material to this mailing list please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Additional information about Bioinformatics Australia is available at http://www.ausbiotech.org/content.asp?pageid=77
512 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- [beasiswa] [info] Ph. D. Opportunity in Clinical Biostatistics – University of Queensland The Queensland Clinical Trials & Biostatistics Centre (QCTBC) (http://www.sph.uq.edu.au/qctbc) at the School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Australia, is offering an […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD student Biostatistics 2 Hasselt University announces, within I-Biostat (the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics), the following position (m/f):PhD student […]
- PhD Position on The Genomics of Vertebrate Evolution at Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre, Germany The Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) has been founded by the Senckenberg Gesellschaft fuer Naturforschung, the Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, and additional partners. […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France Project yg menarik :Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies are profoundly impacting many domains of biomedical research, ranging from basic biology to translational research […]
- [beasiswa] [info] Bioinformatics analysis of complex DNA-sequencing data to assess microbial diversity in geological radioactive waste disposal environments (PhD) Bioinformatics analysis of complex DNA-sequencing data to assess microbial diversity in geological radioactive waste disposal environments (PhD)IntroductionRecent developments in new […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] Postdoc at the Bioinformatics Research Centre University Of Aarhus Postdoc at the Bioinformatics Research CentreUniversity Of AarhusA postdoc position is available immediately or from as soon as possible.The ideal candidate has a background in […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentships in the Medical Genomics & Systems Biology (MGSB) University of Melbourne ==============================PhD scholarship opportunities==============================Multiple PhD studentships are available in the Medical Genomics & Systems Biology (MGSB) Group […]
- Master / Doctoral Student in Bioinformatics and Cellular Mechanics, German Cancer Research Center Mechanical factors play an important role in many basic biological phenomena on different spatial-temporal scales: from tissues and single cells to sub-cellular structures. The ability […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD Scholarships in Chemical Engineering – University of Queensland PhD scholarshipsFor scientists and engineers in Chemical EngineeringUniversity of QueenslandSchool of Chemical EngineeringIndustry sponsored PhD scholarships for scientists and engineers […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biostatistics Hasselt University, in collaboration with the International Drug Development Institute (IDDI, Belgium), announces the following position (m/f): Researcher doctoral student in […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentship in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentship in Applied Statistics or Bioinformatics ini bermanfaat.