Apakah anda sedang mencari informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France?, di bawah ini Informasi Pendaftaran Mahasiswa PendaftaranMahasiswa.com menyampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France
, silahkan baca informasinya sebagai berikut:
[beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France
Project yg menarik :
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies are profoundly impacting many domains of biomedical research, ranging from basic biology to translational research and soon to personalized medicine. Rapid technological advances have dramatically increased the throughput of sequencers, while sequencing costs are falling down spectacularly. This already has a strong impact in terms of developing personalized medical treatments based on individual genomic backgrounds. NGS raises huge challenges to store, analyze and exploit the unprecedented wealth of data produced by current and upcoming NGS machines. New methodological and computational developments are needed to elucidate the multiscale structures of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes, their relationships, and their variations across individuals, from NGS data. The particular nature of the data and the complexity and variety of problems addressed calls for new statistical and machine learning approaches, while the scale of data produced by NGS experiments, which easily reaches Terabytes and continuously increases, calls for computationally extremely efficient procedures. Although the field of NGS Bioinformatics is also moving quickly, it is still in its infancy with many problems remaining unsolved or calling for better solutions than those currently available.
One major statistical challenge raised by NGS data is the ultra-high dimension which refers to the explosion of the number of recordings to be compared with a moderate/low number of individuals (NGS putatively deals with as many recordings as genomic positions). This curse of dimensionality requires the development of new statistical methods even for standard questions like clustering and classification. Lasso-type methods based on L1 penalization have received enormous attention these past years, due to their joint computational and statistical efficiencies. Among different strategies, fused-lasso penalties have been defined to control for sparsity for spatially organized data. The development of lasso and fused-lasso methods in the context of aligned-based NGS data is the central challenge of this PhD project. NGS data are counts that can be over-dispersed, which makes Generalized Linear Models an appropriate framework for this purpose. Another possible research direction of the project is to develop penalized versions of Partial Least Square (PLS) methods. PLS is widely used for efficient dimension reduction by compressing variables on the basis of an empirical covariance criterion. PLS-Lasso strategies would be an interesting direction to compress and select relevant biological features based on NGS data.
This project will be part of the ABS4NGS project that has recently selected by the “investissement d’avenir” call. This project gathers a consortium of Algorithmicians, Bioinformaticians, Statisticians, and Biologists funded for 4 years to develop mathematical approaches for the analysis of NGS data. We are seeking for candidates interested in statistical methodology and applied statistics. The successful candidate will be based at the LBBE, Lyon, and will work in collaboration with Sophie Lambert-Lacroix (TIMC-UPMF, Grenoble), Vivian Viallon (IFSTTAR-ICJ, Lyon) and Franck Picard (LBBE, Lyon).
– Links to ABS4NGS :
– Pages :
– contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Franck Picard – CNRS
Laboratoire Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive
UCB Lyon 1 – Bât. Grégor Mendel
43 bd du 11 novembre 1918
69622 VILLEURBANNE cedex, France
tel : +33 (0)4 72 44 85 44
fax : +33 (0)4 72 43 13 88
454 total views, 1 views today
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD studentships in the Medical Genomics & Systems Biology (MGSB) University of Melbourne ==============================PhD scholarship opportunities==============================Multiple PhD studentships are available in the Medical Genomics & Systems Biology (MGSB) Group […]
- [beasiswa] (OOT) (JOB) Postdoctoral position in Bioimage Informatics @ A*Star Singapore Title: Postdoctoral position in Bioimage Informatics Postdoctoral research positions are available in the Computer Vision and Pattern Discovery Group, Bioinformatics Institute, […]
- Post-Doctoral Position in Computational Biology, Norway A three year full-time position as Service Scientist/Post Doctoral is available at Uni Research AS, within the Computational Biology Unit (CBU) of the Uni BCCS department.The position is […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD position in France (Data Bases, Security) ---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Francois Lesueur Date: Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:31 AMSubject: [Dbworld] Call for application -- PhD position in Lyon, FranceTo: […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] Postdoc at the Bioinformatics Research Centre University Of Aarhus Postdoc at the Bioinformatics Research CentreUniversity Of AarhusA postdoc position is available immediately or from as soon as possible.The ideal candidate has a background in […]
- [beasiswa] [info] Bioinformatics analysis of complex DNA-sequencing data to assess microbial diversity in geological radioactive waste disposal environments (PhD) Bioinformatics analysis of complex DNA-sequencing data to assess microbial diversity in geological radioactive waste disposal environments (PhD)IntroductionRecent developments in new […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] 24 PhD positions in Biotechnology at CLIB, Germany New application call opens 26 April:http://www.graduatecluster.netWe invite your applications now for a projected starting date on 01 October 2010. The deadline for applications is 06 June […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] Fwd: Multiple PhD Scholarship positions in Data Mining and Machine Learning ---------- Forwarded message ----------From: DDDM ICDM Date: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM Subject: [Dbworld] Multiple PhD Scholarship positions in Data Mining and Machine LearningTo: […]
- [beasiswa] [INFO] PhD Positions in Computer Science at Aalborg University, Denmark Several PhD Stipends in Computer Science and Engineering (16-12006) Position No. 16-12006 At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Computer Science several PhD stipends […]
- [beasiswa] [info] PhD student in (Statistical) Bioinformatics Hasselt University, in collaboration with Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO), announces the following position (m/f)PhD student in (Statistical) Bioinformatics (2x2 […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France semoga informasi tentang [beasiswa] [info] PhD project in Statistics & NGS – Lyon, France ini bermanfaat.