[beasiswa] [INFO] 30 MSc/PhD Scholarships at Zhejiang University, China
Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program
Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program (CGS-UPSP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in developing international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, Zhejiang University recruits CGS-UPSP-supported international graduate students supported by CGS-UPSP across the world.
I. Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarships
1. Number of scholarship students to be admitted: 30
2. Coverage of the scholarship:
– Tuition and fees for registration, laboratory experiments, internship, basic learning materials, and intramural accommodation;
– Living allowance: CNY 2,000 per month for doctoral students; CNY 1,700 per month for master’s degree students;
– Fees for outpatient medical services and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
– A one-off settlement subsidy for new students after registration: CNY 1,500 per person.
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council: http://www.csc.edu.cn
3. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship
Categories of Applicants Duration of the Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Doctor’s Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Note: In principle, courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
II. When and how to apply
Application deadline: April 10, 2011.
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer section V below ) to Admission Office of the International College, Zhejiang University, by post mail or in personally.The application materials submit by email will not be accepted. Please make sure mailed materials arrive before the deadline.
III. Eligibility Requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
2. Applicants are not currently studying in Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
– Applicants for Doctoral studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
IV. Choices of Specialties
Zhejiang University offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of fields of Graduate Studies at Zhejiang University,please check Catalog of Master’s Programs for International Students 2011 (Download) and Catalog of Doctoral Programs for International Students 2011 (Download).
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (Download)).
V. Application Materials
Applicants must provide the following materials (in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English.
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form online first and then print and sign the Application Form produced by the system. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn; Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
2. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they must also provide documents showing their status as university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
5. A study or research proposal in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
6. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors. The recommendation letter must be original documents either in Chinese or English and show referee’s phone number and email address.
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Download) (printed by Chinese quarantine authority. Applicants are expected to keep the original copies) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Note: Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
VI. Admission and Notification
1. Zhejiang University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise.
2. The name list of the scholarship awardees for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for review in April, 2011.
3. After the name list is reviewed and approved by China Scholarship Council, the scholarship awardees will be notified by the university in June 2011 and Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent to them in July 2011.
1. Scholarship students’ affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status.
2. Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3. Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4. The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
VIII. Contact Information
Admission Office,International College, Zhejiang University:
Tel: +86 571 87953101 / 879532848
Fax: +86 571 87951755
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box W-99, International College, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, Zhejiang Province, China
Note: The Distinguished International Students Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) to sponsor outstanding international students who have finished their bachelor’s education or above in China and have been enrolled by designated Chinese institutions for higher academic pursuits or are now carrying out their Master’s or Doctoral studies in those institutions. For application details, please visit the web site of China Scholarship Council (Link).
INFO, TIPS BEASISWA, FAQ – ADS:
INFO LOWONGAN DI BIDANG MIGAS:
INGIN KELUAR DARI MILIS BEASISWA?
Kirim email kosong ke email@example.comYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
460 total views, 1 views today