Applications for Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Before you proceed with the online application, it is strongly recommended that you read very carefully the guidelines mentioned in the forthcoming pages and follow their sequence:
- Deadline for submitting an online application is 6 April 2011.
- Deadline for uploading mandatory documents is 16 April 2011.
- Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online recommendation system is 16 April 2011.
Please make sure you are eligible to apply and satisfy the following:
Basic application requirements for Master Programs in Science and Engineering:
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent, and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject of the major field.
Basic application requirements for Ph.D. Programs:
- An M.S. degree in engineering or science (after a four-year B.S. degree) from an institution whose graduate programs are equivalent to those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degrees.
Basic application requirements for M.B.A. and Executive M.B.A.:
- A four-year Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent.
- At least one course in college level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration.
- A working knowledge of computers as evidenced by at least one course in that area (e.g. data processing, programming, information systems, etc.)
- At least one-year of full-time work experience. This requirement may be waived for graduate assistants, research assistants, and applicants with exceptional academic records.
Below is a comprehensive list of all Master and PhD programs offered at KFUPM. The disciplines are hyperlinked and will take you to the respective department’s homepage for detailed course and program information:
Click on the links below to visit the corresponding department.
|Architectural Engineering||M.Sc., M. Engg.|
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc., M.Engg.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Ph.D.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc., M.Engg.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Geology||M.Sc., M. Geol.|
|Geophysics||M.Sc., M. Geoph.|
|Information and Computer Science||M.Sc.|
|Business Administration||M.B.A., E.M.B.A|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Medical Physics||M. Med. Phys.|
|Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
Minimum RequirementsBe sure you have scanned copies of the following mandatory documents in PDF or JPEG format. Each file size can be a maximum of 2 MB.Each document should be stored in the correct folder in the upload system. Documents stored in the wrong folders will be deleted or ignored.Along with the mandatory documents, be sure you have the NAMES and EMAIL ADDRESSES of three referees. It will be asked during the online application in “Additional Information Section” If you do not have them now, please prepare and come back laterMandatory Documents for submitting an online application:
- Copy of identification (National ID – Saudi nationals /Passport – Applicants from outside Saudi Arabia/ Iqama – Foreigners living in Saudi Arabia/)
- Complete official transcripts [For PhD Applicants – MS & BS Transcript / For Master Applicants– BS Transcript] (The transcript should contain names and grades of all courses taken and should be an official transcript)
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters from your referees submitted through the online recommendation system after you submit the online application.
- Statement-of-Purpose (A one-page essay focusing on your career and research goals at KFUPM)
- GMAT (For International MBA Applicants)
Note: Application will not be processed at all without the above mandatory documents.
Non-mandatory Documents for online application but needed before final admission:
- TOEFL or IELTS score sheet [IF AVAILABLE]
- GRE (General) score sheet (Required for Engineering & Science programs) [IF AVAILABLE]
- MS thesis abstract (for PhD applicants) [IF AVAILABLE]
- Degree(s) Certificates [If a degree was awarded]
- Short Resume (CV) [IF AVAILABLE]
Note the following carefully:
1. Documents which are not mandatory for submitting the application DO NOT imply that they are not required before admission. It simply means that we can process your application without such documents. The university can ask for these documents at any stage of processing the application.2. Please make sure the above documents are uploaded to the upload system before the deadline of XXX. 3. In order to upload the above documents, please prepare scanned copies of them as well.
Saudi graduate students with a GPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 4.00 can be admitted as Full-Time MS or PhD students. Similarly, Research Assistantship for Master students and Lectureship for Ph.D. students are available for all outstanding graduate students who demonstrate exceptional qualifications and performance. Research Assistants and Lecturers-B expected to spend up to 50% of their time supporting teaching and research activities of the university, with the other 50% devoted to their respective graduate programs. They receive the following benefits:
- Free tuition.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Free furnished air conditioned bachelor housing.
- Essential medical care.
- Free textbooks.
- Subsidized meals in the University cafeteria.
- A chance to participate along with the University faculty in the Research and Bookwriting
- Projects funded by the University.
- A prepaid air passage for initial travel to Dammam at the start of the contract, and a return ticket after his completion of the Degree (for RA and Lecturers-B).
Other benefits are also available in accordance with University policy.
Application Deadline : 6 April 2011
Visit Official Website.
588 total views, 1 views today